Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Distraction


I've been distracted from blogging for awhile, because this time of year I have so much fun watching my son play baseball. He is a sophomore at Lake Oswego High School, and plays catcher.

Their season just ended in the second round of the state playoffs, where they lost 4-2 to North Medford (who will play in the finals this Saturday.)

This picture is his second at-bat in that last game. He hit this pitch - a high curve on an 0-2 count - for a double to left field.

Summer = Baseball

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff's prowess on the athletic field leaves me speechless as well.

I am Coyote said...

Hey,
I have had the same distraction.

http://nwrepublican.blogspot.com/2007/06/baseball-pirate-master.html

Now that our league is over it is all star time. So the blog will suffer. But it's worth it.

I came very very close to coaching the high school team this year (it would be a dream to coach high school baseball). However turned it down to stay with my 12 year old.

Rob Kremer said...

Coyote:

GOOD DECISION!

The high school will be there forever. Your son is twelve only once - and that is a really fun year in Little League. The All-Star run is a gas.

I wouldn't give up the time I spent in the dugouts and bleachers at my son's baseball games for anything.